As part of the climax of the Area Week Celebrations by the Church of Pentecost and the outbreak of the pandemic(Corona Virus) in the country, PIWC TESANO educated its members and the general public on what the disease entails and the preventive measures to be practised to avoid contracting the disease. This teaching comes in as the initiative of the Church of Pentecost – Nationwide to educate its members on what is to be done and not done as a result of this pandemic.
Speaking to the church on this subject, Mrs. Esther Eyram Asare Yeboah, took the church through the current facts about the disease and the data with respect to its spread as well as the nations affected. Having done so, she took the church through some very important measures to go through to prevent contracting the virus. Among others, she admonished the church to;1. Consistently wash hands with soap and FLOWING water to take off any virus contacted.
2. Use sanitizers frequently in instances where one cannot have access to flowing waters and soap.
3. Avoid having close proximity with people when talking, coughing or sneezing as the virus is generally spread through droplets that come from our mouth and nose.
4. Avoid touching nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
5. Avoid crowded places which involve having close proximity with people.
6. Sneeze or cough into tissues and then discard the tissues after use.
7. Constant cleaning of doorknobs and other frequently touched surfaces.
8. Avoid handshakes
After giving us these health tips, she admonished members to quickly report any symptoms straight to the hospital and avoid self medications as many of the seemingly helpful tips giving on social media platforms are misleading and will not help prevent one from contracting the virus. She cautioned members to be mindful of what they accept on social media concerning the virus.
Bringing her presentation to an end, she mentioned that as Christians, our best defence is prayer. As such, encouraged that we pray concerning the pandemic for total healing and limited spread.
The church had an intensive prayer session regarding the pandemic.
©PIWC TESANO MEDIA TEAM