The Immediate past Chairman; Aps Prof Opoku Onyinah, ministering at the English online service of the Church of Pentecost Worldwide encouraged the church on what is to be done in this time of a pandemic.
Taking his sermon from the story of the Israelites on their journey to the promised land, he mentioned that the journey they embarked on is synonymous to that of the Christians’ walk on this earth and as such what they went through can be seen in our present-day as well.
He expanded more on one incident that took place in their journey on the wilderness where the Israelites, by virtue of their disobedience to God for bitten by snakes and had to look unto the bronze serpent for their deliverance and healing.
Among other things, based on this story of the Israelites, Aps Prof Opoku Onyinah said;
1. Resentment and bitterness destroy people and prevents a good relationship with God.
2. Our failure to pick lessons from the past and the deeds of our fathers costs us.
3. God wants the best for us- believe in Jesus and lift Him up.
4. Jesus is the only deliverer and saviour of the world.
5. Look up to Jesus and live.
Concluding his message, Aps Prof Opoku Onyinah admonished the church and the world at large to look to Jesus in this pandemic as He is the savior of the world and not fret.